Hi Anton,

it's not as if you can't do this, but you have to
'disarm the error before.

a: func [][
    if error? err: try [
        ;
        ;code that may produce an error here...
        ;
        return "a nice result here"
    ][
        err: disarm err
        print reform ["error in function a" err/id]

regards,

Ingo

Once upon a time [EMAIL PROTECTED] spoketh thus:
> Hi,
>
> I disagree with your last statement (at bottom), Gabriele.
> Recently, I wanted to assign 'err in a program like this (it doesn't
> work):
>
> a: func [][
>     if error? err: try [
>         ;
>         ;code that may produce an error here...
>         ;
>         return "a nice result here"
>     ][print reform ["error in function a" err]]
> ]
>
> Wouldn't that be nice?
> A view program with code like that in all it's functions would keep
> running when an error occurs,
> but prints out the error message so the user can see what happened and
> inform the programmer.
> Or it could be stored in an error log for later viewing...
>
> Maybe we could have do/force or try/harder to continue executing code
> after the try block when an error occurs, instead of bailing out to the
> console. I can imagine a program that automatically emails the author
> when errors occur. How about seeing a brief message like this:
>
> "Error in function blabla: 'doodle is unset. An error report has been
> sent to the author."
<...>

--
ingo@)|_ /|  _| _  <We ARE all ONE   www._|_o _   _ ._ _