[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Deryk,
>
>  One of the reasons you are getting errors is that an 'inform dialog cannot
> be shown as the first/only face. But as below shows you can re-use you
> dialog as much as you like after it has a parent face.

Yup, okay, I can understand that (don't know why, but can comprehend..)

> ; this works
> view layout [
>    button "this" [inform-error "Title Text" "This is some error text."
> "Okay"]
>    button "that" [inform-error "Title Text" "You pressed 'that button."
> "Okay"]
> ]

Yup, so it does.

> Another thing to remember, 'Layout is for creating a 'face using VID or VID
> styles.
> If you look at your layout. You can see that you are not providing a style
> in your layout block.
> Hence the unrecognised style errors in...

Yup, thought (and noticed the style bit) about that also.  But, as you
notice, inform-error is a function which should "in theory" be able to
be called and executed from within the view layout [] context.  It
appears to me that the parser is pulling out the pieces it wants and
disregarding the rest for the most part as unneeded.

If we do:

view layout [
  button "Howdy Gang!" [print "Rebol is cool"]
  button "Quit" [quit]
  inform-error "Title Text" "This is some error text." "Okay"
]

We still will not get the inform-error function called which really was
the part that confused me the most as the parser (interpreter) perceives
this as a 'style.

Deryk