Em Thursday, July 06 2000, 17:40:16,  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
disse:

>The absolute path to your Web directory does not involve the http url.
>
>For example, the path to an item in your Web directory may SEEM to be...
>
>http://www.domain.dom/item.jpg

Note that I'm fetching the page with read http://www.server so all I got is
the HTML file. In this file, paths to images are relative, and as I'm sending
this page to another people, I have to make than absolute (prefixing http://
www.server to the path).

>...when in fact the real path may be something like...
>
>/boot/home/web/domain/item.jpg

Using BeOS too? ;)

>If you are using a Web hosting service, ask them what the absolute path is
>to your Web directory.

I am the web hosting server. :) I'm using a ServLet that only generates
relative references, so it would be easier to do the conversion in the REBOl
script than in the Servlet itself.

Thanks anyway.

-Bruno