Don't know why this went missing. So here it is again. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brett Handley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2000 11:44 AM Subject: Re: [REBOL] adding data to hyperlinks, etc. > > The next feature I want to add is a commenting system. I want the reader > to > > be able to click on a hyperlink for "comments" which will then execute a > .cgi > > script. The .cgi script will then render a page including all of the > comments > > people have posted in regards to the news article in question. The > question I > > have is, how do I pass a value to a script from a hyperlink so that the > > script renders the correct set of comments? > > Encode you hyperlink like this. > http://cgi.zipworld.com.au/~bhandley/cgidump.r?your-id=123456789 > Which would be the same as if a HTML form was submitted with an input > element of "your-id" that value 123456789. > > > I have thought of another option, albeit more cumbersome. During the time > the > > main script creates object expressions for the news articles themselves, > the > > script could create a separate .cgi script just for that article. > Probably overkill. > > > But how can I write a script to a directory and then make the script > executable all at > > the same time? I'm thinking the web server will see the .cgi extension and > > assign it executable status, but I'm not sure that is always the case. > > I'm little curious about this myself. > > Hope this was what you wanted. > Brett. >