This function works fine, however, is there a word
already defined in rebol 2.3 (or 2.2)  that does this already?

Or is there a better way to do this?
I developed the tword function to test for the presence of
words in a template database so that I don't get
path errors trying to access a word in a block that doesn't exist?

Useful for testing words in databases like the example
in chapter 5 http://www.rebolpress.com/rog/chapter5.html

rebol[]

tword: func [
   "Test to see if word/string is found in block."
   ablock [block!] "The block to test."
   aword  [word!]  "Test to see if this 'word is found in block."
][
   not (none? select ablock :aword)
]

>> tword [this "thing" that "thing" ] 'that
== true

>> tword [this "thing" that "thing" ] 'any-thing
== false

>> x: [this "thing" that "thing" ]
== [this "thing" that "thing"]
>> print x/this
thing
>> print x/that
thing

Using func tword I can test 'any-thing first to see if it exists
so I don't get a dumb error like this:

>> print x/any-thing
** Script Error: Invalid path value: any-thing.
** Where: print x/any-thing

Any other ideas? A better way to do this with a native word?

>>Douglas Vos - EDS/GM-BSU Webmaster
e-Mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]