> workpath: join currentpath [first path "albumpath.data"]
> currentdata: join {"} [load to-url workpath {"}]
> currentalbum: load to-url workpath
> append block currentdata

I'm still not sure of your intent. Can you just write what you intend,
rather than just trying to write something? You'll then be writing Rebol.

Have you looked at using 'read and 'write?

This:
> currentalbum: load to-url workpath

    could be better written as:
        current_album: read album

If you just want all the commas stripped out of the text, then something
like this:
        while [found find? current_album ","] [
            remove find? current_album ","
            ]
    I also feel sure that there was an easier way to do the above in rebol,
but it's late at night and I'm tired.

I hope that helps!

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169