I get the same behavior.  Your one liner works with local files
but fails with ftp.  This multi-line replacement works for me:

f1: read ftp://user:pass@site
insert find f1 "these words" code
write ftp://user:pass@site f1

Vic Hirsch      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/25 4:06 AM >>>
Hey list,

two things...

I have a pretty big html file with a bunch of same-page links, that
goes something like this:

link
link
link

#linktarget <number name description list>
..

I want to rebolize the page so I can generate additions to the page
(make a "rebol" db).. how might I best accomplish this?

also, tell me if there is anything wrong with this line:

close insert (find (open ftp://user:pass@site) "these words") (code)

it works on opening local files, but, like that, crashes rebol.

any ideas?
thanks.
--

Turn your computer off. Go outside.