I'm trying to do something that Rebol should handle so
easily but it's taking me way too much time so I could
use a couple of tips to get going.

I have a small DB that I usually (in C++) construct
by using an INI (Win32) file - where each section is
a new record and it has some number of keys/values.
I now want to change the format of this INI file so
that it takes full advantage of the Rebol do/load and
save mechanisms.

An example of the DB - this is what the file (myp.dat) should look like
after it is built (it doesn't exist initially):

myprops: [
        db [
                "item1" [x1 "x1" y1 "y1"]
                "item2" [x2 "x2" y2 "y2"]
        ]
        other ["junk"

Simple enough.  So what I want is to use 'do to bind myprops
so I can directly use it and then use 'save to save the block
after modification.  I'm just not sure the best way to do this
kind of thing because 'save won't place the myprops: assignment
in the file.

either (exists? %myp.dat) [do %myp.dat] [myp: [db ["item1" [...] "item2"
[...]] other[]]]
probe myp/db
; modify myp/db as needed
save/header %myp.dat myprops []

The problem is the result file just contains the db [] and other [] blocks.
I can't get myprops: into the file.
That would be fine if I could assign myprops to the result of the 'do or
'load
like:

myprops: [do %myp.dat]

but I don't know how to make that work (get Rebol to 'do and place the
result in the block - not to put the literals in the block).

Any ideas?  How are you guys accomplishing similar things?

TIA,

Rodney