Elan, I just found out that if I use
Netscape instead of IE, I don't get missing Icons.
So obviously Netscape and IE are doing something
differently.  Maybe Netscape fails like IE to
get the icons, but is willing to try another
fetch on a fresh connection for each before
giving up or something, whereas IE just gives up
and doesn't retry.  Not sure...

I would still think that we should be able to
make a proxy server or webserver with Rebol that
works with IE.  Right now it doesn't work with IE4,
and I now have several versions of proxy.r including
one that I ran with no modifications by me that
I got off rebol.org.

I also received a newer version of proxy.r from Sterling,
but it uses do %..\setnet.r and I don't have setnet.r
anywhere, but looking at the rest of the code,
it uses the same basic approach, so I assume it too
would fail like a dog on IE4.

I don't know if some older version of the rebol.exe
would make the proxy.r work with IE4, but I suspect
it wouldn't.  I maybe able to still get my Load
Testing project to work using Netscape, but I
would like to investigate the cause and have it fixed!!!

I think that maybe rebol is doing something with
tcp in windows that IE4 doesn't like?  Well,
I don't know much low level tcp/ip at all.

Any suggestions?

I wish I had thought earlier to try Netscape!
But I didn't want to believe it it could make any difference!

By the way, I tried every alternative,
with http1.1, without, http1.1 with/wo proxy, etc,
under the proxy settings on the connection tab
and on the advanced tab on the IE browser,
and none of that seemed to help.

Thanks as always!!

-Galt

p.s. Should this be considered a bug reportable event?