Hi Raimund,

I'll step to your program, and maybe we'll find
out together ...

Once upon a time [EMAIL PROTECTED] spoketh thus:
> I try to have a series of self defined objects and pick one of the objects to
> access it.
>
> Here is the code I use:
>
> REBOL []
>
> book: make object! [
>       author:
>     title:
>     info: none
> ]

REBOL> help book
object with fields:
    author         (none)     none
    title          (none)     none
    info           (none)     none

> book1: make book []
> book1/author: "Fritz the Cat"
> book1/title: "That is the title of book1"
> book1/info: "That is info of book1"

REBOL> help book1
object with fields:
    author         (string)   "Fritz the Cat"
    title          (string)   "That is the title of book1"
    info           (string)   "That is info of book1"

Up to now, it seems ok.

> book2: make book []
> book2/author: "Fritz the Cat"
> book2/title: "That is the title of book2"
> book2/info: "That is info of book2"
>
> my-serie: [book1 book2]

REBOL> help my-serie
MY-SERIE is a block of value: [book1 book2]

You might get uneasy here, let's see what follows.

> this-book: make book []
>
> this-book: first my-serie

REBOL> help this-book
THIS-BOOK is a word of value: book1

Ahhh, yes. You see, your block contains words, that
by pure coincidence have the same name as your
objects, but that doesn't mean that they are bound
to the same values.

To get your "objects" into your block, you have to
reduce it, like

REBOL> my-serie: reduce [book1 book2]
REBOL> help my-serie
MY-SERIE is a block of value: [
    make object! [
        author: "Fritz the Cat"
        title: "That is the title of book1"
        info: "That is info of book1"
    ]
    make object! [
        author: "Fritz the Cat"
        title: "That is the title of book2"
        info: "That is info of book2"
    ]]

REBOL> this-book: first my-serie
REBOL> print this-book/info
That is info of book1

I hope this helps

Ingo

PS: Don't assume your help will give you as
    much info as you've seen here. This is
    my patched version ...