Hi Elan,

I am not a native English speaker, but see some use for a
terminological change:

You wrote:

{{
It is simple to determine which words are bound to the context of
function. We must do a little more work to determine whether an
instance of
the word a is bound to the context of the object or to the context
of the
function.
}}

I offer the following reformulation (the asterisks are marking the
difference):

{{
It is simple to determine whether a word *can be* bound  to the
context (of a function/object). We must do a little more work to
determine whether a word *is* bound to the context (of the
function/object).
}}

Regards
    Ladislav