Hi,

I am suffering with a problem with the experimental releases of Rebol.
I am unable to read data over HTTP from anywhere but my own domain.
I have tried to tweak with the proxy settings, but with no success. I
am hoping there is something I have overlooked and someone on th list
could give me some assistance. I am also cc:ing this mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], although I have reported this problem also
earlier.

With Core 2.3 networking works without a proxy. With proxy set works
HTTP fine. FTP, FINGER and maybe some others don't. This is of course
not a big problem as it is possible to specify different proxy servers
for different protocols. Netscape works though fine with FTP.

Using Experimental Core without proxy allows me to read files only
from this domain (abo.fi) no other that I've tested works. FTP works
fine without proxy. If proxy is on I can not read files over http even
from this domain. Also FTP is not working but this was expected.

Something has changed between the released versions and the
experimental versions. As one works and other don't. I have tested
this program on Linux (libc6), Windows98, BeOS and FreeBSD. All tests
were on this same machine and gave same results. At work experimental
version of Core works like a charm.

If any of you have any ideas to solve this problem it would be great.

Yours,
Jussi

P.S.

Enhancement request:
Would it not be possible to determine the type of proxy
automatically? I have not had to know it for installation of any other
program. It would make installing rebol easier for common users.

--
Jussi Hagman                                CS in Åbo Akademi University
Studentbyn 4 D 33                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]