Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> I am an amigan and so I came to PC area from the world of very
> smooth scrolling.  Every PC man should go and look at original
> screen dragging on Amiga. Smooth even on 14Mhz Amiga 500 (or was it
> even 7 Mhz? :-) IIRC it was hardware supported feature, but not
> sure.

A500 was using 68000 running at 7MHz. Screendragging was done on
hardware using copper to change som gfx-registers on the fly. Holger
sure can explain better :)

--
Jussi Hagman                                CS in Åbo Akademi University
Studentbyn 4 D 33                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]