I'm only a newbie, but according to the REBOL official guide you can
selectively disable proxies for each protocol by doing

/system/schemes/smtp/proxy/host: false
/system/schemes/smtp/proxy/port-id: false
/system/schemes/smtp/proxy/type: false

This worked for me as I had the same problem (I think)

        Jamie

http://rebol.org/userlist/archive/315/656.html

>===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 08/29/2000 03:27:56 PM
>Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>To:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>cc:  (bcc: Greg Piney/McGraw-Hill/US)
>
>Subject:  [ALLY] Email and Proxies
>

>Holger,
>
>I was trying to show off Rebol and ran into either a bug or my own
stupidity.

>I was trying to send a simple email (one liner) to show some people
>how powerful Rebol is. It failed.
>After about an hour I found out why.
>
>I recently changed my 'user.r' to use generic (Cern) proxy. We are behind a
>Netscape Proxy server. This proxy server does not allow mail out. Mail is
>handled by another machine. Most mail clients do not talk to the proxy
>server at all. The reason why I say this is that I changed my 'set-net'
>to go to the socks server and all was well. Works like the Champ that
>it is. Something tells me you need a 'proxy/noproxy' setting in SMTP.
>Or, it really is some kind of bug.
>
>TIA,
>
>Greg Piney
>Standard and Poor's Web Engineering

terrence-brannon: [[EMAIL PROTECTED] perl-refugee myth-gamer]
free-email:       http://www.MailAndNews.com
free-usenet:      http://www.mailAndNews.com
; all the above is real REBOL code, believe it or not.