From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 10:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [REBOL] Why cant mutually exclusive refinements have the same
argument name

I have a function that will either get or put a filename... of course I want
to use the same name for the file regardless, and this will not pose a
problem because the arguments are mutually exclusive.

However, REBOL is complaining about me using the same name for 2 mutually
exclusive arguments

REBOL [ Title: "Main script" ]

main: func [ "Performs order file transfer"
        /name-product product-name [string!]  "The product name"
        /index-upfile upfile-index [integer!] "The index to be used for the upfile.
Useful when you have many upfiles and don't want to overwrite a previous
one."
        /put orderfile-name [string!] "Put an orderfile on our server"
        /get orderfile-name [string!] "Put an orderfile on our server"
        /date-upfile upfile-date [date!] "The date to be encoded into the upfile
name"
        /create-upfile upfile-name [string!] "This automatically creates and
upfile. The argument to this option is the word 'cancel' or 'nocancel',
specifying whether you want the upfile to contain a cancel or nocancel
command"
        /wait-on-controlfile controlfile-wait-time [time!] "Specifies the localtime
that the script will continue to try to look for the control file until.
This option can only be used with the /get option"
        ] [ ]

Get your FREE Email and Voicemail at Lycos Communications at
http://comm.lycos.com