I need to implement a telnet client in Rebol for a fixed task (that is, I
don't
want a terminal type thing - all client commands are fixed and will be run
with no user interaction).

Anyway, so I open up a telnet connection to the box of interest:

>> c: open tcp://192.168.15.233:23

Cool.  Now in this particular case, the telnet server returns an IAC packet
asking me
to DO (telnet parlance) some option stuff.  My question is - how do I get
the data
that the server has sent me?  I try:

>> print copy c
..... finally get network timeout

or

>> print first c
..... finally get network timeout

In my sniffer I see that there IS definitely data sent to me over the open
telnet socket
and the telnet server is waiting for me to get it and respond.  If I sniff
the Win32 built-in
telnet client I see that the client do the right thing and respond to this
packet.

What am I not doing correct here to get this data?

TIA,

Rodney