Check the event log security log and see what credentials were passed.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 5:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [REBOL] possible dir? bug

Under NT4, I have a mapped drive u: that contains
some directories that I have no permission to view
the contents of - but can see that they are there and
view properties about the directory from a file manager.

Problem:

>> dir? %/u/employees/ksmith/
** Access Error: Cannot open /u/employees/ksmith/.
** Where: dir? %/u/employees/ksmith/

Because of the way dir? works, I guess.  This kind of seems
like a bug (and I have CC'd feedback) since the fact is that
%/u/employees/ksmith/ IS a valid directory.  Of course, a
'read or 'open on this directory should give an access error.

I believe that in my case a workaround is to just check for
a trailing slash since I am iterating through a list of files
obtained from 'read.

Even if RT does not view this as a bug, the documentation should
state this side effect and recommend workarounds.  Not sure
if the behavior is the same under *NIX.

Thanks,

Rodney