call/refinements string. You might find, however, that you would rather use
a bunch of 'if statements.

- Michael Jelinek

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@MailAndNews.com> on 09/15/2000 03:30:03 PM

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]@MailAndNews.com on 09/15/2000 03:30 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent by:  Terrence Brannon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:
Subject:  [REBOL] best means of passing refinements from main to helper
      function?

I want to know the best way to propagate refinement selections (or their
lack)
to a function which actually does the processing for them.

deduction: func [/use-month month-to-use /use-day day-to-use] [
           rejoin         [ "file-"
                               either use-month [ month-to-use ] [
now/month ]
                               either use-day   [ day-to-use ]   [ now/day

main [/use-month month-to-use
           /use-day day-to-use
           ] [

           ; --- dilemma:
           ; --- I can call deduction with
           ; --- a - no refinements
           ; --- b - either or 1 refinement
           ; --- c - both refinements
           ; and I dont want a bunch of hairy eithers and ifs to create
           ; all the various refinements to send to deduction
]

terrence-brannon: [[EMAIL PROTECTED] perl-refugee myth-gamer]
free-email:       http://www.MailAndNews.com
free-usenet:      http://www.mailAndNews.com
; all the above is real REBOL code, believe it or not.