On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 09:07:26AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I recommend the "REBOL: The Official Guide."  It starts out easy and works its
> way up.  Aside from the first several pages, it is mostly easy reading.
> Interestingly, it covers the same or more than my other introduction type
> programming books.

> So you know, the Dummies books I have read have four advantages:
> 1. Get your feet wet, teaching you how to perform key features.
> 2. Instill confidence
> 3. Provide cute little tips and gotchyas.
> 4. Keep you awake with an easy reading and entertaining writing style.

i decided to get the `official guide' instead of the dummies book...

it's so-so at teaching rebol, i'll be able to live with it.

i was mostly disappointed in the lack of a reference.

i was able to get most of the keywords by typing `what' in rebol/core
/view, etc., so i could build my own syntax for the two editors i use.

but so far i haven't been able to get the built in refinements to add to the
syntax highlighting...

--