You could always devise a work-around like %../../<path> or creating a
soft-link (in your HOME directory) to the directory you want.

- Michael Jelinek

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 09/18/2000 11:32:51 AM

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 09/18/2000 11:32 AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:
Subject:  [REBOL] FTP Absolute Path Problem

I'm having the following problem:

I want to load a file that resides on a server under the absolute path of
/var/local/ecdr/data/.  However, when I use the ftp command, it always
thinks I
want to do relative addressing from my home directory.

I have tried:

records: load ftp://ecdr:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/var/local/ecdr/data/cdr_out

and also:

records: load ftp://ecdr:[EMAIL PROTECTED]//var/local/ecdr/data/cdr_out

and even:

records: load join ftp://ecdr:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
%/var/local/ecdr/data/cdr_out

but it always tells me that rebol is looking for
"./var/local/ecdr/data/cdr_out".  In other words, it is looking under
/home/cribbsj/var/local/ecdr/data/cdr_out, which, of course, does not
exist.

In short, does anyone know how to make the ftp command use absolute path
addressing as opposed to relative path addressing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
--
Jamey Cribbs
Sr. Technical Consultant