flavors & versions...
Hiall -

OK, now I'm really losing it. Here's the way I have things set up on my NTWS4.0
machine:

E:
\Program Files
\_Rebol
\Command
\Core
\View

I install Command, and "upgrade". A zipfile called "rebol031.zip" is written into
\Command. I open and extract. Command is over-written by Core. Luckily, I still have
the the original installer "command031.zip".

I install Core, and "upgrade". I get a message that I'm using an unknown version of
Rebol.

I install View, switch to console, and "upgrade". An exe is written into \View. I run
it, expecting View to open, but find that it is an installer. I change the Install
path to /e/program files/_rebol/view, click "Install", and get a message that
/e/program files/_rebol/view/rebol.exe cannot be overwritten.

HUH? I asked this before, but got conflicting answers: can I put all three EXEs into
the same folder, but call them command.exe, core.exe and view.exe?
Are there differences in the supporting files that would make this impossible? How are
other people dealing with the bountiful and myriad flavors and versions of Rebol? I'm
not, so far!

--
Pete Wason|"LWATPLOTG"|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|CUCUG|TA|PHX