I'm assuming your are talking about accessing mail via Rebol.

Rebol does not define any mail folders.

In your email client, let's say it is Outlook Express, you have an inbox,
sent items, outbox, etc. These are things Outlook Express define and create.
They represent local storage on your computer.  In Outlook Express you could
access internet mail via two protocols POP3 or IMAP.  POP3 is the most
popular one and is the one you would use by default.

POP3 requires your mail server to keep a mailbox for you. When you want your
mail, your mail client uses POP3 to collect the mail from the server and
places it on your local computer in Inbox. Normally (depending on your
settings) it will clear the mail from the server.

IMAP is a more sophisticated protocol that allows a server to keep multiple
mail folders on your behalf. Outlook Express can use IMAP to access the mail
contained in these folders and move the items between the folders if you
want. You can see subject lines without downloading the message.

Rebol uses POP3 only (at this time).  When you use Rebol to collect your
mail it returns a value in the Rebol program which represent your mail. You
then need to do something with that. If you want to clear the mail on the
server with Rebol you can but you must do so explicitly (see the manual).

I hope that answers your question.
Brett.