Perhaps what's needed is a new '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' Maybe that would do
it.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2000 10:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [REBOL] ENOUGH already

Puh-lease!  I subscribed to this list to learn REBOL
from those of you who are so well-versed in it and
have explored very advanced topics with it.  But more
and more, I have to wade through 20+ postings
regarding opinions on marketing, open-source,
comparison of platforms (each with lots of 'proof' to
back it up), etc, to find one posting with some
programming information.  Notwithstanding that there
are good points being made, there is also way too much
unresolvable opposing philosophies; sort of like
talking religion or politics - and you know where that
gets you.  I'm not saying limit it strictly to coding
questions and examples, because I think discussions on
collaborative efforts to build a few killer apps is
fruitful, but maybe there should be another list for
all the discussions about what RT 'should' do.  I am
simply happy to have such a language which is so new
and different and powerful.  I mean no offense, but
how many of us who are so smart about what RT needs to
do to be successful could have done what they've done?
 It's human nature to look at what exists and see
'what's missing' or how things should be, but that
angle becomes fruitless when it degenerates into long
historical justifications.

I realize this has been somewhat of a rant, and let me
reiterate that I learned a lot from the list in its
earlier days, but it has become not very useful in the
past few weeks.  Can we get back to being more
on-topic?

Respectfully (and I mean that),
Grant