Since seeing the REEMACS thread a little while back, I decided to update
my editor (REM) to work with the current versions of rebol and actually
release it to the general public (or at least this list and anyone you give
it to ;] )

   REM version 0.4.1 beta is a text editor written entirely in rebol, which
attempts to be vaguely EMacs like.  It is designed for Rebol/Core, so it
runs in console mode and doesn't use the mouse or have scroll bars, but it
is a powerful editor.

   It's attached as a .zip file, if anybody can't deal with zips, let me
know and I'll try to make a RIP archive and post it over at rebol.org in a
few days.

   There's still not a lot in the way of documentation, and the code is
still a bit ugly, but it works nicely on my win95 laptop and my main win98
machine, under both rebol/core and rebol/view experimental releases.  Theres
a couple of enhancements when running under /view (real file-requestor and
uses the system clipboard) but should work mostly the same under either.  I
haven't tryed it on any other platforms but it should work (rebol code is
supposed to be portable, I guess we'll find out...)

   Enjoy!

       Cal Dixon ([EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED])
       -><-