I have created a function which returns something strange when I use
rejoin.

The function is called build-html.r which builds a markup statement.
Here is the console result. Notice the closing bracket for the opening
tag is strangely moved to the end of the rejoined string:

>> do %build-html.r
Script: "Untitled" (none)
== <font class="author"Ryan C. Christiansen</font>>

Your input would be helpful.  -Ryan

Here is the script:

REBOL []

author: make object! [
    name: "Ryan C. Christiansen"
    email-address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    stylesheet-info: make object! [
        tag-style: "font"
        class-name: "author"

build-html: func [
    "Build an HTML page element including the data to be displayed
and the markup language surrounding the data."
    data [object!] "the data to be marked up"
][
    open-tag: build-tag [(data/stylesheet-info/tag-style) class
(data/stylesheet-info/class-name)]

    close-tag: rejoin [{</} data/stylesheet-info/tag-style {>}]

    markup-string: rejoin [open-tag data/name close-tag]

    markup-string

]

build-html author