I'm a bit confused on how references work in Rebol. I wish there was a chapter in the
rebol core manual dedicated on this alone. Perhaps someone could comment the general
way addresses and values work in Rebol.

Here is how I currently think it works...please correct me if I'm wrong.

-all one-level series are passed/copied/attached by value.
-all one-level objects are passed/copied/attached by value.
-all one-level functions are passed/copied/attached by value.
-all datatypes other than objects, series, and functions are passed/copied/attached by
value.

-all deep series are passed/copied/attached by reference.
-all deep functions (functions within functions or blocks within functions) are
passed/copied/attached by reference.
-all deep objects (objects within objects or blocks within objects) are
passed/copied/attached by reference.

did I miss anything?

Rishi