Jay Gilmore wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I certainly did read the entire thread, thus my question. I was stumped as to basis of the initial question. The more I read the less I understood.

As for asking silly questions, I would assume that I am not the only person absolutely in wonder when reading the list mailings. How can so many people know so much stuff! It only stands to reason, that those of us who don't know much, would be in awe and feel a bit presumptuous to ask questions at all.

I bow to you all. :)  Thanks for the answers

*a forum would be nice, I have trouble reading all the notes and keeping up.

Sharron,

The great thing about the WSG is that there are few people here who know everything. I only really got to using dl's this year (which I picked up here on this list).

I think that you are sure to find that it is by reading threads here and seeing the solutions, sample code and asking all sorts of relevant questions that you too will quickly have answers to questions you never thought to ask or problems that you never considered.

Don't bow to anyone as this is a community of allies not egos (although they sometimes come forth) The fact that you are subscribed to the WSG shows an awareness that surpasses the development masses. That being said, there are a number of members here whom we should hold in high esteem through their thoughtful and often strong opinions about how to tackle a problem or a method. Learn from them and share what you have learned. Ask questions and share your answers.

And yes a forum would be nice. See the thread on a forum from last week.

All the best,

Jay

Well said, Jay. I do fully agree with you though, Sharron, but after being a member of the WSG for less than a month I have already come to the conclusion that this group of people is by far less 'rude' than other such forums I have been associated with. I have been in web development for more years than I can count on one hand now but still consider myself a newbie to many of the ideas and concepts that are standard today. Sometimes I hesitate to ask questions I feel may be silly or simple to the more informed. But, you must realize that Web Standards (even something like the DL tag) are still relatively new to the world. There are very few people who understand even the slightest amount of what you currently do. Keep pushing at it. Every now and then I will receive a rude or obnoxiously 'smart' answer from someone who thinks too highly of them self. Shrug it off. They were once where you are now.

Jough