Chris Taylor wrote:

Geoff Deering said:
 I agree with these observations.  I also wonder what will happen
 when the default web interface is SVG driven?  I don't know if
 it will happen, but I'd expect it to be exploited.  No HTML,
 just pure SVG.

Well, not so long ago they were talking about all web documents being
XML styled with XSLT, rather than HTML styled with CSS. It may still
happen, and the SVG thing may also happen (if You Know Who Corp. decides
to play along), but just like vinyl records and CDs, I bet HTML will be
around for a long time to come.

But then again, we live in very changeable and interesting times.

Chris

I don't know either. Don't know which way it will go, but if user agents do handle SVG native I think it will completely change the web interface. Done well, I think it will be a good thing. There's bound to be a flip side though.

Geoff