Hello all!

On my website, I have a contact form for people to send me emails. Once I started recieveing a large number of automated bot messages from it, I just had to make it stop. So, using PHP's GD Library, I was able to add an image, from which a person would have to copy the letters from the image into the text box, thus stopping all my spam. However, it has occured to me that this is not at all accessible. Do you all know of any ways to verify that the user is a human, not a bot, while still being accessible to those who have disabilites or browsers that may not support the latest and greatest features?

Thanks!

--Zachary

Just yesterday I ran across a site, I can't remember which, that had the image like you describe, and also had a link to click to listen to an audio file equivalent of the text in the image, then the person was to enter what was heard (whether typed or spoken via speech-to-text, I don't know for certain). I wasn't really paying attention to that detail as I was on the hunt for something entirely different.

Leslie Riggs