Mike Brown wrote:
If I set focus in a form to a particular field when the page loads (through javascript), does that have impact on a screenreader? eg - will it start reading from the field that is in focus and effectively "skip over" all content before that in source order?

Anyone know?

ok, having quickly tested in a demo of Jaws, it appears that it does. Jaws starts reading from the input form on page load.

This would seem a major accessibility problem to me then! Any arguments that it's not?

Mike