Justin Carter wrote:
On 6/1/06, Tony Crockford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Why does it have to be a list?

would a series of floated divs not work as well?

Divs would work, but since navigation is basically a list anyway it
makes sense to use elements which have a more semantic meaning, which
makes your markup more accessibility friendly.

I'm still not sure I follow that argument in this instance, the html doesn't look like navigation which was what confused me, but if it *is* navigation, the images are purely for visual effect so why not use a standard horizontal list menu and background images (added inline dynamically)?

;o)