You might have better luck asking on a forum dedicated to _javascript_ or AJAX rather then web standards.

-----Original Message-----
From: listdad@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Omen King
Sent: Monday, 5 June 2006 1:34 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] AJAX Question

Well I was hoping if there was some way this was already supported by _javascript_,
But if it were to be another client side programming other than _javascript_ than C++.

On 6/4/06, Christian Montoya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/4/06, Omen King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Good Evening WSG,
>
> I have been exploring AJAX and wondered if I could achieve the same result
> of retrieving data from XML documents locally from a directory but without
> the requirment of a HTTP Server to serve up the page.
> I am intriguied of the idea of developing a web application that could be
> used locally without the requirement of a HTTP server.
>
> Could anyone help me please think of a method to which this is possible?

Client side programming? Java or C++?

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... portfolio.christianmontoya.com

The discussion list for  http://webstandardsgroup.org/