On 6/6/06, Herrod, Lisa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>From what I understand, to use 'font' as a shorthand property you have to
include the size and font-name as a minimum (in that order).

Yep!

I thought the order of properties was important?

for example, isn't weight listed first?

i.e

{font: weight style variant size/line-height font-name}

actually, the order is as I stated before:

font-style font-variant font-weight font-size/line-height font-family

or do you guys find it works in any order?
I've never used it out of order, so I can't tell you, sorry!

I can tell you that simply using 'font' resets all previous settings back to default, so it is always a good idea to make sure you haven't reset something important

Interestingly, it resets 'font-stretch' and 'font-size-adjust' as well, even though you cannot set them with the 'font' property

It can also be used to set system fonts, although I've never done that

For more wondrous 'font' shorthand information, see the spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/fonts.html#font-shorthand

Lachlan Hardy