David Hucklesby wrote:
On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:05:35 +0100, Designer wrote:

[...] I have a site with the potential to print out some thirty
different pages, with each printout length between 1 page and 4.  Each
page has small illustrations scattered unevenly amongst the text, and
I'm finding that some pages attempt a page break half way through an
image, with the result that the image splits into two across the pages.

Try adding "float: none" to the images in your print style sheet. I find this usually fixes the problem, but can't be certain as you don't say which browser you use.

No need to un-float all of them - just the ones that give problems. (Bearing in mind that not everyone prints on size A4 in portrait mode.)

Cordially,
David
Thanks David - I've tried that, but I have two problems: one is the one you hint at, in which I can't know how the user is going to print out (page size etc) so I can't know in advance which images are relevant. The other is that removing the float(s) produces a less than perfect printout, with the image(s) appearing on their own. (I did say most users will be on IE, incidentally)

It seems to me that, either I'm ignorant, or print style sheets have some way to go unless the pages are quite simple . . .

--
Best Regards,

Bob McClelland

Cornwall (UK)