David Storey wrote:

I hope you all like Opera 9. As always if you have issues in Opera on your site feel free to contact me and we will help you find the cause of the problem. If there is anything that Opera doesn't support that you come across when writing scripts then I'll also see what I can do. With Opera 9 we've added DOM Level 2 Style, contentEditable and DesignMode which I think will be useful additions for many designers and support for Web forms 2.0 which is a peek into the future of what we are trying to achieve with the WHAT WG along with Mozilla and Apple.

Hi David,

Taking you at your word...

Some long-time issues:

::first-line, and <br> -- essentially, because Op threats :first-line as a block-level element
filed as [EMAIL PROTECTED],
test case at (mentioned in the bug report):
<http://dev.l-c-n.com/_opera9/first-line-O9.php>

Also, as seen the testcase, and mentioned in the bug report, ::first- line 'leaks'.
ul li::firs-line should only be applied to the li, child of ul.
However, due to the existence of the selector, Op starts to threat all instances of first-line as a block.
(OK, that one is better than in Op 8)
Makes the use of ::first-line virtually impossible.

filed as [EMAIL PROTECTED]
overflow (hidden/auto) adjacent to right floated block drops below/ clears the floated block
http://dev.l-c-n.com/_opera9/floatRight-overflow.php

All those bugs are long-time issues, going back to Op 7.5 at least.

Is there a way to keep track of bugs filed ? Opera is the only place where I've filed bugs and never get any feedback.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>