Susie, forgive my input, but since I use Eric's pop ups on my site I took a look at your code. Your code is quite a bit leaner then mine. For where you have only two area's in your css, I have like 4 or five. I don't ever remember having any issues related to my pop ups working in any browsers I tested in- IE, FF, Opera, Netscape and Mozilla. You code is also in a <li>. I could not make heads nor tails of it, not that is any surprise. Good luck

I will interested to see what the solution will be.

Sharron

----- Original Message ----- From: "Susie Gardner-Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] Meyer's CSS text popups not working in IE (PC)

Hi Georg

It does have a background! These are the styles for the text popup:

div#content  li a span {
display: none;
}

div#content li a:hover span {
display: block;
position: relative;
top:
-250px;
left: 10px;
width: 60%;
padding: 10px;margin: 10px;  z-index:
100;
background: #fff;
border: medium dotted #963;
font-weight:
normal;
color: #333;
}

(based on the Meyer one but with a few additions/changes. For example, his
used absolute positioning, but I wanted to use relative.)

Any other thoughts? Anyone? It's really annoying coz I know it must be
something I've done in my stylesheet, as his one works!

The link to the stylesheet is
http://crunchie.tedi.uq.edu.au/trials/UIMED/stylesheets/prof.css

- susie