I think that JavaScript has more need of this notation than other languages,
precisely because of the weak typing. However, those who try and use the same
notation rules for say Java as for JavaScript are going to have trouble. I find
objNAME   arrNAME   etc useful, and things like  txtNAME   and   slctNAME
when dealing with the DOM
I do not generally use   intNAME   or  fltNAME  unless there is a very good
reason.

Mike