From: "Roberto Gorjão" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Right now, I work with XP SP2 (home edition, sigh!) and IE6. I have IE3, IE4, IE5 and IE5.5, all as standalone versions.

The standalone hack should only be used as a last resort by web designers who cannot afford the luxury of dedicated testing machines or a VPC setup. If one does do the hack they need to make sure to also hack the registry to ensure proper version identification. There have been cases reported of OS corruptions after repeated installs and uninstalls. While a lot of people use the standalone hack, it should be stated that it is a hack and does have potential problems.

--
Al Sparber
PVII

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".