Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
I saved your file (+svg) to my local dev server, and there it works correctly, although the svg file doesn't scale to the size of the <object>.

that was another problem i have been dealing with. i have played with svg before and when i used width:100% in the css, the image jumped to the width of the viewport, regardless of screen resolution. it doesn't do that now; it runs it off the edge of the page and doesn't render at all in ie, and the image is, if i remember correctly, 4"x2".

i will keep at it. thanks for the help. may i call on the group again with this issue?

dwain