On 8/3/06, Patrick H. Lauke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just checking in Firefox with the LiveHTTPHeaders extension, it looks
like FF downloads the print.css when the page is loaded, not when you
hit print or print preview. I'll go out on a limb and say that this
behaviour may well be common in other browsers as well...so doing stats
based on the hits to that file seems like a no go.

I wonder whether you could do something with an image that is only
used during printing, for example specifying a background-image in
print.css that is not used normally? Do browsers parse stylesheets for
irrelevant media and load images from them?