[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
i repurposed the svg. firefox still doesn't get it but opera 9.01 renders it correctly. is there something i am missing?
dwain

Which version of Firefox are you using? FF only supports SVG from version 1.5 onwards, IIRC.

I can see the file looking (I assume) correct on Opera 9; in Firefox 1.5.0.6 it displays, but is absolutely huge - I mean hundreds, maybe even thousands of screen widths and screen heights in size.

Looking at it in the Firefox DOM Inspector shows it as having width and height of 2.82222E+06, which is almost 3 million pixels square. This is specified at the start of your SVG in the width and height attributes:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"; xml:space="preserve" width="2.82222E+006px" height="2.82222E+006px" style="shape-rendering:geometricPrecision; text-rendering:geometricPrecision; image-rendering:optimizeQuality; fill-rule:evenodd; clip-rule:evenodd"
viewBox="0 0 2.82222e+006 2.11667e+006"
 xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>

Why Opera manages to shrink it down to a manageable size, I don't know, but Firefox appears to be doing the right thing.

HTH,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons