On Aug 11, 2006, at 5:55 AM, Nick Fitzsimons wrote:

Two different meanings of the word "Ruby": "its clients' sites are developed in Ruby" is the case of the Ruby programming language [1]. "It also adds a number of elements for Ruby annotations" is the case of special characters use to annotate ideographic languages [2].

[1] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_programming_language>
[2] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_character>

I think it's [1]. They use Ruby on rail and I was once asked if I know rhtml.

It sounds like they don't actually understand what XHTML is or how to produce it, they just want to believe they're using the latest cool thing.

I really don't know enough to response to the above comment. Let along the xhtml thing, they do some great stuff.

I think the problem maybe that, they hired people like me and many others for css coding and design templates, and everyone's skill varies, some don't have the concept of sematic markup, some maybe depend on Dreamweaver or Golive and never work on code view and never learn or never care validation is important; some maybe at the very beginning of CSS. And the boss is just too busy dealing with client and bring in more clients so that I can pay rent :)

tee