On 8/15/06 12:30 AM "Christian Heilmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent
this out:

>>> Let them open a new window themselves. I do not assume my users are so
>>> stupid.
>>
>> It's not a question of users' stupidity! It's a matter of if *I* feel that a
>> new window is the best way to present the information!
>
> Why do you ask then?

I didn't ask a thing. Just saying that if the best way to present a smaller
morsel of info is, say, a small new window, then I want that control and I
don't need a bunch of wsg folks (or maybe even w3c folks) saying it's so
(ahem) evil that I dare not do it.

As someone else said, lots of us are headed toward webpages-as-apps and much
of this "new window is evil" stuff becomes pretty stupid in itself when a
new window perfectly presents some info in the most useful way and a simple
"close window" or "accept" puts you right back where you were in the prior
window.

But you do your thing! You have my permission! :-)

Rick