On my gallery I also have jumping elements only in IE when I click on a thumbnail to load a bigger image in a div with AJAX technique the container of the image I clicks on jumps out of its position to the bottom of the screen. When the content is loaded, the second time time I click on the same thumbnail the container won't jump maybe because the content I refresh is in my cache now. Looking for a solution a long time now. Maybe someone can help
 link: http://www.frontendplace.nl/bb/?page_id=14
Ron Jonk