On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 18:19:00 +0100, Jesse Skinner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Anders Nawroth wrote:
You can get problems with colors not matching between PNG and HTML/CSS colors. It has to do with Gamma values, read more here:

I haven't experimented with this myself, but I understand you can use a utility such as 'pngcrush' to remove the gamma information (and reduce the file size), and this fixes the color mismatch.

I recommend PNGOUT - http://advsys.net/ken/utils.htm (Mac OS X and Linux versions are available - http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=pngout)

It's slower than pngcrush/optipng, but has excellent compression and removes problematic gamma information in the process.

--
regards, porneL