Nick Roper wrote:
I just
wondered what the general opinion is about when it is acceptable to use
absolute units for sizes/measurements.

In theory, the only time I use px measurements is when inserting an image which has a max usable width and height. Eventually hopefully this won't be the case - doesn't Opera allow iimage scaling atm? Hopefully the other browsers will follow.

In practice - sometimes I do margins and padding in px. Not very often.
I'd have to dig into my design notes to recall why, but sometimes designs (with images, iirc) get easier if you remove that one element of measure, the padding and/or margin, and I tend to think the impact is minimal.

What can I say, I must be soft-line ;)

HIH!

warmly,
Lea