Germ wrote:
> Ok now its my turn to grib about Internet Explorer
> PS: Is there an online petition to ban IE??

This list is not for IE bashing.  We're all aware of the fact that IE
has some serious limitations and many of us have to deal with them
everyday.  However, venting your frustration publicly and using subjects
like "I Hate Internet Explorer" or "Internet Explorer I Hate You!" isn't
the most constructive way to deal with your problems.

ok im sorry if i have trodden on some peoples toes by my comments

> underneath the menu bar I get a blue bar that should not be there

That's because of the way IE incorrectly handles 'height'.  It
effectively treats it like 'min-height' and because the list items
within the ul end up being higher than the height specified for the ul,
the ul gets stretched.  You need to make sure the total height of the
list items (including 'height', 'line-height', 'padding', etc.) does not
exceed that of the ul.

I got this problem working. What the problem was is that I had the background-image: url (imagename); but when dropping the '-image' bit and adding an 'repeat x' it fixed the problem

however im still stuck on the other two problems