Wow,
and I haven't checked the WSG lists for about 6 months, and my name appears.
Although both Chris and I both work for Yahoo!, it's hard to tell
folks that I don't have this bias. I truly believe that YUI is 'the
best library' out there. As Chris mentioned, it doesn't try reinvent
some new api with a language that you'll have to relearn - it simply
cleans up the mess for you and also gives you some extra sweet
functionality that I believe you'll also like as well.

I would definitely say that the utilities are what make it all happen
and personally I'm not all that excited for the widgets although they
do some cool things as well.

Also if you haven't checked out some of my screencasts, I have
explained a bit more in detail of how to use the YUI library.

http://www.dustindiaz.com/screencast-episode-01
http://www.dustindiaz.com/screencast-episode-02
http://www.dustindiaz.com/screencast-03

Best Regards,
Dustin Diaz

On 9/17/06, Keryx webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Keryx webb wrote:
> Christian Heilmann wrote:
>> Take a look at the Yahoo User Interface Library
>> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/ . As you've read my book, you know
>> that I am wary of libraries, but I just spent 2 weeks training people
>> on it and once you got some insight, you realise just how clever it
>> is. It
>>
>> - keeps JavaScript clean as it does not extend the syntax with own
>> iterators or chained methods
>> - fixes all the browser inconsistencies
>> - provides replacements for simply buggy and nonsensical JS
>> implementations

Oops!

Just saw that Chris answered me off-list. Anything that has [WSG] in its subject
gets sorted into the same folder and I did not read carefully.

Sorry 'bout this!

Lars Gunther