Hi all,

I have noticed a problem with a large local file
for quite some time without any online presence
to get much in the line of answers.

I noticed the other day that the listmatic site,
http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/
shows the same effect.

That site shows a background image bullet problem
that affects files with many list bullets formed
using the background image method.

I see this result running Mozilla 1.7
(Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
rv:1.7) Gecko/20040616) on Win XP (Home) with SP2.

It first shows up when I scroll down to the item
Anton Andreasson's Big Boxes under the heading
Experimental lists--the image is doubled up
vertically as if the no repeat failed for that
item.

If I then scroll the entry up off the screen at
the top and back down into view, or move another
window over it then off again, or just hit Reload,
the image is restored to its proper rendering.

I get a similar result scrolling up from down on
the page with some variation in which items are
affected with varying distances scrolled down and
back up--commonly this is the Using images for
bullets entry.

I asked Russ about this and his answer was

"I have never noticed this behaviour but it is
fascinating. It sounds like a rendering bug in
Mozilla so probably very little that could be
done about it. You could look through their bug
reports to see if it is mentioned.
"Feel free to post to the WSG to see if others
have experienced this issue. Would be interesting
to see if others have experienced it."

I did have a brief look at the bug reports back
when I first noticed the effect but didn't see
anything that sounded like what I was seeing--
it's very likely I just don't know the correct
wording and perhaps it's been there all along.

Does anyone recognize this? Have a cure for it?

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
[EMAIL PROTECTED]