Dear lord Christian,

what was that about? Do you preach to everyone? I was casually agreeing with your views on usability etc (whilst trying hard not to mention your attitude towards other posters) ... and you give me a lecture? You even cut my paragraphs in half to allow you to treat my words out of context and respond with another lecture ... please do not do that.

There are some good open discussions on here but a few too many people that like to here themselves preach and some very poor awareness of common courtesy ... alas another forum ruined by a minority.

"I'd like to tell the council that I am not paying for not getting any
service, yet I have to. Every shop owner would like people to not
complain but just come, buy and leave, but that never happens either.
You don't build web sites for yourself, you build them for people to
come to them and either buy stuff or tell you how great you are. If
your attitude is that you decide what people are allowed to talk to
you (or which bells and whistles are good for them), you shouldn't
wonder when not many come. This is normally the step when people start
thinking about search engine optimization, cause surely this is why
nobody hangs around or not many people comt to the site."

.... ummm - are you telling me how to run a web design business? Are you briefing me on how to address a client's needs? If you are - please don't. Can you people not help being condescending or are you doing it to annoy me?

Max.

Christian Heilmann wrote:

blah blah ....